I know I posted about Cork It! just a week ago when we enjoyed an evening there followed by a showing of Star Wars at the Palace Arts Center, but with this being Friday again, I thought a post on the regular special events at Cork It! would be in order. I receive their newsletter via email (you can sign up on their website) and it’s a source of great info on one of my favorite places for food and drink.
- First, if you’re lucky enough to work in Grapevine or close by, they have lunch specials every Tuesday through Saturday from 11-4.
- On Sundays, they have many of their menu items for half price as well as half off draft beer and house wines. We have spent a couple of Sunday afternoons enjoying the patio and some nicely discounted food and wine.
- Wednesday nights are wine tasting paired with food. We have not been to this yet (actually tried to this week but they were all booked – a great sign in my opinion!) but will go soon and post about it separately. This week’s theme was “Merlot vs. Malbec.” Since we are lovers of both merlot and malbec, I was sorry to miss it, but I’m sure the future Wednesdays will be stellar as well.
- Live music on Thursdays and Fridays – lineup posted on their website
- Finally, like most everywhere, they have happy hour from 4-7 (4 to close on Mondays).
Of course, none of this mentions what is one of my favorite things about Cork It! – their prepaid cards that you use to order tastes of wine. It is great fun to just wander around and pick whatever you want and pour it yourself.