Thought I would round up some fun happenings around town. Always plenty to choose from, you know. Luckily many of them are indoors and cool!
- Electra Glide in Blue at the Palace Arts Center. As always, tickets are $5 and a receipt from a local restaurant gets you free popcorn.
- Fireworks around Lake Grapevine. Music for the show can be downloaded here which is a neat idea. The fireworks can be viewed from any of the parks around Lake Grapevine. Some have a small fee to enter. There is a map here with more info. Personally, I think one of the best places if not THE best is the patio at Glass Cactus. Also, at Glass Cactus on Friday you can enjoy American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks.
- Live music at Tolbert’s – The Stoneleighs (Rolling Stones tribute) on Friday and Swan Song (Led Zeppelin tribute) on Saturday. $5 cover after 8 p.m.
- Live Music at Tap-In – Independent George (80’s music) on Friday and Guthrie Kennard band (Texas country) on Saturday.
- Grape Stomp at Delaney Vineyards – Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 12 noon. You get to help stomp the grapes as well as enjoy some local award winning wines. There will be vendors with crafts and food as well.
- Remember it is tax free weekend so support local businesses and choose this weekend to do some shopping.
What else is going on and what do YOU have planned?