We love alfresco dining. Doesn’t everyone? Luckily for us, Grapevine has a lot of great patios to choose from. We spent a lot of time on patios this spring and expect the fall to be more of the same. It’s been a long, hot summer and we are so looking forward to some decent weather where we can enjoy our food, drinks and friends outdoors. In no particular order, here are our top 5 patios to enjoy in Grapevine:
1. Pluckers – We love Pluckers because of the shade trees and umbrellas, fun picnic tables and friendly service. Pluckers is generally a great place to eat all around because they have a good menu and a loyalty card on which you can collect points and also get free appetizers and/or desserts, depending on what the deal of the day is. They also have plenty of TVs for those of us who can’t seem to go a day without watching baseball (Soon to be football). Pluckers has good wings that are a nice size and I am personally a fan of their “Big Easy” sandwich which is a chicken breast with Cajun seasoning. We recommend getting the spicy ranch seasoning on your fries, or perhaps better yet, substituting sweet potato fries.
2. Flips Patio Grill – Flips has really grown on me. Their patio is large and open, and they also have great service. It’s your standard bar food, but somehow a lot more fun. It can get a bit windy, but isn’t that true of all patios?
3. Cork It! – We have reviewed Cork It! several times on this blog. It’s probably our favorite wine bar in town, and we spent several enjoyable evenings last spring on their patio. It’s somewhat small, but right on Main Street with a great view of the what’s going on in downtown Grapevine. Actually, they have two patios – one in front and one in the back by the parking lot for the 925 Main apartments. The patio is covered, which lets you enjoy being outside even if there is rain, and I believe they also have heaters.
4. Boomer Jack’s – Despite being in Bedford, I have to say (I’d be lying if I didn’t) that this is our favorite patio in the area. They can enclose it in bad weather, they have misters and fans when it’s hot, and heaters when it’s cold. They always have terrific service, and the menu prices are very reasonable.
5. Chill – Similar to Cork It!, Chill has a great location on Main Street, a good amount of space, and nice views of the action. The service can be a bit slow, but their menu prices are very reasonable and really, if you are just lounging around town on a patio, should you really be in a hurry? I don’t think so.
Honorable Mention – Esparza’s. It’s too bad I can’t put Esparza’s in the top 5, as they have a really nice space and location, but until they start serving food out there (which I understand is coming, so I may have to revise my top 5 list next year sometime), I can’t put them on the list. If you like serving yourself a drink from the bar and having some chips and salsa (again served yourself), then by all means head for the patio at Esparza’s. However, I like to EAT. If I am going to a patio, I like for it to have some table service.